Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dyno Tune at Texas Speed

Go down

Dyno Tune at Texas Speed Empty Dyno Tune at Texas Speed

Post  jshertx Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:53 pm

I got the chance to take some time and visit Texas Speed in Wolfforth! Jason Mangum, co-owner of Texas Speed personally performed my dyno tune. He started by writing a basic tune with HP Tuner, and then started the first dyno run. The base tune produced 404 rwhp and 774 rwtq. He fined tuned the program over 3 more pulls on the dyno. The final numbers were 412 rwhp and 382 rwtq. Jason told me that I have a forward O2 sensor that is not working properly, and the computer is pulling some timing and adding fuel on the driver side. Once I get that sensor replaced and the timing is corrected the hp number could be higher. Hell, I'm happy! I was hoping for 400 rwhp, and he jumped that by 12 with a fubar O2 sensor! In between dyno pulls, I walked around their shop, talked to employees, and watched them build LS engines with ease. Everyone at TS was very nice, took time to visit with me, explained what they were doing, and actually asked me about my goat! I got the chance to see "red", TSP's Camaro SS that they race. That's one mean a** Camaro! It runs 9.5 quarter mile with a stock bottom end LS1 engine! The only major mods are heads and cam. They are in the process of building a new 2011 Camaro SS into a quarter mile monster. Jason told me that in November they are moving their business to a bigger building in Lubbock since they have out grown their current shop.

Dyno Tune at Texas Speed Tspdyno3Dyno Tune at Texas Speed Tspdyno2Dyno Tune at Texas Speed Tspdyno1
jshertx
jshertx

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum